QUOTE:

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

L'internet never forgets

The first lesson I ever learned about the everlasting nature of the internet:

Once, while completing my magazine journalism undergrad at Kent State, I was combing the Poynter discussion threads for topics relevant to my interests.


I came upon an article about journalist Peter Arnett giving some speculative analysis, a.k.a., "opinions" (today, they're typically referred to as "blogs") on Iraqi TV about the state of our winning/losing the war. I think he was pretty candid, and I'm still undecided on the whole "professional pundit" role journalists play when speculating about war, but I digress.


My point is that I hit "send" before realizing that I spelled Pulitzer "Pulizer." Embarrassing? Yes. So, with that, Lesson One of the Everlasting Internet heavily bestowed itself upon me: The Internet Never Forgets.




No comments: